Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Chronological chaos.

Today is birthday greetings time! Special birthday greetings go out to Snuppy the cloned Afghan Hound. A year ago this genetic photocopy was born as a result of the work of Dr Hwang Woo-Suk and was unveiled to the world at large last August at the Seoul National University. My big question isn't one of science, but one of timing though. When a clone celebrates a birthday shouldn't it celebrate the original date it was born or would it care? If it is indeed a successful copy wouldn't it just be confused at the miss on the date. It's not like a dog could go "Uh.....guys? Thanks, but my birthday was actually two months ago!". Then again, maybe he's just happy someone remembered.

The media swarmed to the story but seem to have overlooked poor Snuppy in the news of late. Snuppy's 5 minutes seem to be over so I want to make sure he doesn't get lost in the meat grinder that is the media. Seen in the picture on the left he is enjoying his birthday cake and celebrated like many of us would, by consuming ice cream and sausages. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Be a clone get free food. I often think it would be handy to have a clone of me so it can go to work and do all the grubby work that is part of life. The only thing stopping me is the simple fact that the world already has waaaaay too much of me in one.

I'm glad I'm not Hwang as he has been celebrating the event by hanging his head in shame since the successful creation of a clone resulted in the destruction of his job. He was stripped of his professorship and his reputation has been destroyed last year amidst allegations that his team massaged the data a bit and violated ethical standards in their acquisition of a human egg. I can also be glad that I'm not Snuppy since he can be seen here at only a year old getting a prostate exam!!
Happy birthday buddy! I hope they remembered to lube you up first!

5 Comments:

Blogger Martini said...

But dogs don't use lube in real life. In fact, I'm quite sure they enjoy the painful burning feeling. That's why they drag their dogasses across the carpet.

2:05:00 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

The poor pup. I bet he'd rather just play and hump people's legs.

8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

okay,i'm at a loss for what to say!

9:32:00 PM  
Blogger oshee said...

Oh I had forgotten all about the pup. Good to see he's still around..I guess. LOL

Great blog!

5:27:00 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Wait a minute. Even in dog years, Snuppy is only seven. I figured he would need that type of exam for another five or six years.

Great photo captioning there, Rainy Pete.

6:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links