Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Reboot This!!!

So I've been trying to post for a few days and have been besieged with computer troubles. My home machine is having fits and decides to lock up from time to time (usually just before I save anything I'm working on), and my work machine has been swallowed whole by our new network. Everyone's machine is a mess and we're still trying to figure out how to poke holes through the firewall so we can things done. Our emails aren't all configured yet and so far the amount of lost data seems minimal, but who really knows for sure.

Files are wandering around like nomadic folk and hardware decides to work only when it sees fit. I think that the entire contents of both of the computers may have been unionized and I wasn't sent the handbook so I don't really know when they are on duty or off. They have taken my requests for all that work and decided to go wildcat on my sorry ass. They'll be pissed if I go and get a laptop scab to break them, but that's a risk I may take if they persist. Although I prefer the more extreme, and satisfying, solution of formatting their digitized backsides and sending their organization into oblivion. I'm just hesitant because having seen Electric Dreams I worry about revenge.

I've taken to debugging them with a large stick and 20 pound sledgehammer as I am sick of playing geek for a while. I'll be back when I sort all this crap out and until then I can only post this as a warning to any other computers that try to mess with me....... Just remember the last one that crossed me ended up looking like this.

Rainytech services.  Putting the


and now we hit publish and hope it works..............

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Computer problems always suck i know.Hope its all fixed now.

11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

what you did in the photo is a lot like what I used to feel like doing to our VCR.

6:31:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

it's a love-hate relationship!

8:53:00 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I have felt like doing that on numerous occasions.

8:52:00 AM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

is it still broke? you still having issues with it or just haven't written another blog yet?

9:16:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I guess if I were the machine, I'd straighten up my act.

9:32:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Destroying inanimate objects is senseless...... but cathartic!

2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

I remember that movie, Electric Dreams.

Why do people like demolishing computers? I always find a new home for my old computers. My Mom is still using my last one. Now I want to get a new one so I will likely give this black one to my nephew. Unless I keep it and turn the new one into a Linux machine.

3:40:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

You are not back yet? I imagine that mess took a while to clean up.

10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I haven't felt like doing that to a PC for a very long time *touches wood*

If it's going to carry on that way, then it's only right that you deal with it in such a manner. That'll learn it.

2:07:00 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Oh ouch.

Remind me never to piss you off - or lose your files... or ANYthing.

12:25:00 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Oh dearie me!
Computers, networking, sledgehammer all my favourite words in one sentence!

1:52:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Computer problems are Yuk Yuk Yukity Yuk Yuk!!!!
I hope that all is resolved soon.

7:49:00 AM  
Blogger dan said...

computers eh? similar problems here

5:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links