Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Triumphant return


Like a phoenix from the ashes, I rise again! I can't believe my computer's been pissing me off for a whopping 18 days, but here it is at last. For those that thought I was dead....no such luck. I'm back to taint the already sullied internet with my random babblings and skewed view on this spinning ball of dirt we call home. My computer does not lie in pieces, but rather has been slapped back in to doing what I want it to do. Sure it put up a fight and threw the BSOD at me more than once, but in the end I won. It tried to throw a toddler like tantrum and since I couldn't send it to its room, I simply formatted it and reloaded the whole thing. Now it is like an amnesia victim whom I shall have to retrain in all aspects. If I can train some of its more devilish traits out then so be it. If not I'll simply keep a copy of my operating system handy and brandish it in a threatening manner.

As one would expect there has been stuff going on that I will update you all on, but it will come over the next few days. I only managed to get my computer reloaded as I was off work yesterday due to an illness that involves plenty of sitting. I won't go into all the gory details, but suffice to say Johnny Cash is singing in the back of my mind. I will simply update the whole Bulldogs survivor situation for those that have been following along in their notes at home.

Back in mid-March I got eliminated from a competition I never expected to last beyond the first two or three eliminations in to. On Saturday they had their final competition and a big congrats goes out to Jamie for winning the big prize. Not only did he get his season's tickets for next year, but Ron and I made sure he had to wear the super embarrassing immunity helmet for an entire period of hockey following his victory. Kinda makes you wish you had one too now doesn't it? Am I sorry I didn't get to wear that slick piece of head gear? Maybe a little, but the friends made and the fun I had were such that the experience was a great one anyhow. I don't think I could have lost to a better bunch. Since our Bulldogs didn't make the playoffs I shall have to say congrats Jamie and I'll see you in the fall.


9 Comments:

Blogger Frank said...

Now I totally want an immunity helmet of my own. I would look super cool in that at work.

9:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love his hat.Great to see you back Rainy Pete.

11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

''Darn you RainyPete! I'll get you next time! Next Time!!!''

-Rainypete's computer.

11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

wb pete. i would have loved to seen that hat on you with your big ol' red clown nose!

1:53:00 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Welcome back to the Land of Blog, Dorothy. I'm glad no one dropped a house on you. ;)
Congratulations to Jamie. He makes a fine Conehead.
Lois Lane

4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Sisiggy said...

Hey! Could one of you come to Virginia and stand outside my house? Someone stole my garden gnome and maybe no one will look too closely.

9:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

welcome back! it's always best to threaten electronics - I think it's the only thing they understand sometimes...

now, maybe threatening them with cool cone head gear would work just as well... :D

12:01:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Glad to see you're back. I was beginning to worry.

I wish I had a hat like that.

11:08:00 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

What exactly does that hat make him immune to?

9:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links