Friday, December 08, 2006

Do you smell that?


Christmas approaches steadily. For those of us that are ready and waiting it can't come fast enough. For those of you that are overwhelmed, for which I am sorry, it seems like that boulder from the beginning of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Ready or not it is coming and many are doing what they can to spread the spirit.
I don't know if they were inspired by the video by the Sick Puppies or not, but the Gates family tried to spread the free hugs message in Northern Ontario and were booted by mall security at their first stop. Luckily they found a mall that didn't mind the spreading of kindness. It's funny how people shy away from something like this. I think I'd head over for a hug.......we don't get enough of them these days.

And the most entertaining thing I have heard of in the effort to boost the spirits of people would be the latest initiative in New York. While their motiviation is a little more like we expect these days, to boost people's urge to shop more in the name of the season, the methods are entertaining. Apparently Marin's USA will be spraying Manhattan with a custom scent created by ScentAndrea. The Christmas smell will be sprayed from the back of a red truck all over parts of Manhattan. Given the level of terrorist worry in the area I thin they are brave. A person could get shot driving around spraying things in the air round those parts. They are doing it for the less than noble cause of trying to gather interest in scent related marketing, but if it makes the area smell a little less like car exhaust and overloaded city then maybe it's not such a bad thing. If it is well received you can be sure the major perfume houses will start trying to sell city colognes and perfumes though. New Hugo Boss' "Downtown Park" anyone?



In an unrelated note, my photography sneaks out into the wild. You can check out some of my photography here. Thanks to the Jodster for the opportunity. The show is a riot and if you are here in Canuckia you should give it a watch. It's low budget joy at its finest!

6 Comments:

Blogger Crabby said...

The free hugs people got booted out? I wish they'd come here. I like hugs. Hugs and food. LOL!

Your photos are always good, Pete. I'll be checking them out.

1:00:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

I don't know if I like free hugs. Sure they're good while they last, but soon the high is done, the rush is over and I'd be overwhelmed with depression. I'd need another hug just to get over it, and I don't know how many they're willing to give for free - before they start charging.

3:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like the free hug thing either. They don't want to be my friend. It's just a quick hug and a buzz off now.
They are just hug sluts..

7:35:00 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

I love that free hugs video :o)

So what will Manhattan smell like? A roast turkey?

2:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr.Q says New York smells already, and doesn't need any more scents adding to the olfactory confusion.

Now, free hugs - that might just work.

12:53:00 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

The video brought a smile to my face. I'd be suspicious, but I like the idea when there is no alterior motive.

9:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links