Friday, December 01, 2006

Rainy Pete's Gift Guide

Well folks. It's been a busy few days but here in the lair of myself I have been fiendishly crafting away. Today is December the first and mars the official beginning of the countdown to Christmas. It must be the official start because there is now cardboard calendars in my house that dispense a tiny piece of chocolate every day until Christmas Day finally arrives.

Given that there are just over three weeks to go, many of you will likely begin panicking. What to get how do I shop? Can I survive the parking lots at the mall without a taser and a thermos of espresso? I can't help you with those but what I have for you is a gift guide! A collection of some the most intriguing items I have seen this year that you can use to wow the people in your life. Many will say things like "How did you know?" and "It's perfect!" while others will likely say things like "What the hell is this?" and "Who would want one of these?". Why you would buy a person like this a gift is a mystery to me, but you live your own life. So without further adieu I give you the list!



Banana GuardFor the person on the go who is a brown bagging it type of lunch person, what better way to show them that you care that with a Banana Guard. Never before will they face the devastation of having to peel a banana only to find it bruised in transit. You could provide that kind of joy and security to the ones you love. The best part is that if they are some kind of fashionista you can get them in 5 different colors so they can accessorise!



Loc8terIs your loved one as scatterbrained as me? Are you worried that they may actually lose their head if it wasn't attached? How many hours have you spent looking for their keys, wallet or cellphone only to find them in their pocket, or car? Countless hours can be saved by setting them up with the Loc8ter. This bad boy uses tags that you affix to the item in question (obviously before losing it) and the handset helps you hunt it down. Stick one on your cellphone so you'll never miss a call because your battery is flat from constantly phoning it to find it via its ringer. Hang a tag on your keys so you'll get there on time instead of having to find out which couch or pair of pants they hae found their way into this time. You can even stick them on your kids so you can figure out where they are hiding when it is chore time......the possibilities are endless.



BibliochaiseIf your loved one is a bit of a bookworm and is running out of shelf space then maybe it is time to upgrade their reading nook. An old comfy chair or wingback chair is nice to sit in and read in, but what good is getting comfy only to find out you left your boook behind? All that can change with Nobody & Co's bibliochaise. This is like a bookshelf you can sit on. A spectacular concept for the ultra lazy or those living in one of those hamster box condos like those in the big cities where rent is about $2,000 a month. If they make one of these with a fridge in it and some plumbing, if you know what I mean, and you've got the perfect way to spend a lazy weekend.



Buon AppetitoIf your loved one is a breakfast in bed kind of person and you hate serving them breakfast in bed because of the mess then the Buon Appetito breakfast in bed sheets are for you.....I mean them. Imagine a bedsheet with a bib attached....ka-ching baby! The only downside I can see for this is that once you get them this you may end up with demands for breakfast in bed all the time. Eventually they may end up in a breakfast hazed Marlon Brando like state in their bed so don't say I didn't warn you.



Bluetooth phone setMaybe they are a bit of a geek like me, in which case they love their technology but pine for the analog days of simplicity. Take them back a little with the ultimate bluetooth cell phone accessory. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the bluetooth retro phone handset. It's like the best of both worlds, a cordless phone you can defend yourself with. I almost had one of Kev's patented nerdgasms when I saw this bad boy. With a 30 foot range and full function across all incarnations of bluetooth this is just awesome.



nerd necklaceMaybe the nerd in your life prefers something a little more flashy? In that case then you should look a the funkiest piece of nerd bling since the scrolling belt buckle, the geek necklace. Now if they could only craft a tiny console to go with it you could play on the road in a way that the PSP and Nintendo DS could only dream about. I miss the old Atari days.



And what is a Christmas guide without a festive based gift. Don't worry folks, I haven't lost my love of Christmas even a little. It is in a modern and technologically advanced world like ours that Christmas tees from Way of the Rodent. Such festive nerdiness makes my geek soul squeal with delight.

3 ghostsqtree



So there's a glimpse at the kind of things that my minds like mine jump up and down with joy. The best part about all of these is that they can be purchased from the comfort of your own home, making a reclusive lifestyle a step closer to a total reality. Happy hunting!

14 Comments:

Blogger Oh great One said...

I know someone who could really benefit from the "Loc8ter". The problem is, she would probably lose it and not be able to use it.

The bookshelf chair is kinda cool looking. Great finds!

9:54:00 AM  
Blogger angela marie said...

Me. I would benefit from that Loc8ter!
Great ideas, love the banana protector too. For the person who has everything...

And because we have decluttered and are striving to keep a clean house because it is for sale, please don't remind the kids about the Advent calendars. I usually have four (one for each of them) but do I really need someplace to hide those too yet, when we have Open Houses?!? :)

11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

The scary part is I kindof liked some of that stuff.

Take Care
Michael

2:37:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:16:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

That Loc8ter thing would work great for my two little nephews. My sis could just slap a tag on each of them, and we'd never again have to dig through their mountain of toys to find them.

If they ran off in Ikea, I wonder how many other Loc8ter's signals would be getting mixed up.

3:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow I'm not surprised that you purchase these from your own home as opposed to say a real store..

5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

ummm, i like the banana thing, but what if the banana isn't shaped exactly like the holder? you'll have mashed banana for lunch, which could possibly be worse than the "bruised in transit" banana. oh, it just makes me go bananas, sananab.

7:17:00 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm a banana lover. under my skin really is a monkey body (does that even make sense i ask? but then again do i ever really, lol)..i love that delicious fruit so much it never lasts long enough for it's original destination..and so i take a backup for i know my witness and guess who eats that one too..
i just can't help my self..she saids almost embarrassed and shaking her head.

i was in a mall about a month ago and in a cutsy, newer kind a store i saw that bluetooth phone and love it. they had it in red and very reasonable..i remember thinking it would be a great fun gift but i had forgotten..thanks for the reminder.

thanks for the post. it took time and thought. mighty nice of you. hope your days are a bit better with each passing minute. God Bless.

5:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like monkey nuts.

6:39:00 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

The banana guard is by far my favourite. btw...my oldest daughter wanted to know if your beard was real. If she asked about the nose I would have her IQ assessed.

1:27:00 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

It is very much real. I haven't found a suitable beard shop so I have to keep it until such time as I find a passable fake. I had the exact same problem with the nose....

4:02:00 PM  
Blogger pissoff said...

How about some green elf shorts? http://tazzyandpiggy.com/kellysmunt/?

10:45:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

I want that banana guard thingy! My lunch banana gets mooshed in my lunch bag. That book chair would be handy too, except it looks kinda messy to be in the living room (where I need it). And I know several people who could really use a Loc8ter. Great gift selections!

11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Mark Leslie said...

I've already started looking for a bibliochaise.

11:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links