Thursday, December 14, 2006

HNT #54

Only one more HNT 'till Christmas folks! Can you feel the pressure?

I don't really get too bent out of shape about the holidays as they will come and go as they please. I prefer to just go with the flow and enjoy it all.

Since Mother Nature seems to have decided that some cold and snow is out of the question to get us in the mood, we have taken to relying on the preparations to get us going.

Like the mighty Osbasso I too have chosen a tree related post.

Many of you probably have a tradition or two around your tree whether it be the actual acquisition of said vegetation or the trimming itself.

I was merely following orders when I chose to trim our tree too, but was informed that I was doing it wrong.

Maybe you can check out the picture and let me know what technique I should have been using to trim the tree?




Maybe I was holding the saw wrong?







Join the fun and click the button. Go on click it now!

Press it! Preesss iiiiit!!!


Now you can follow the sinful and colourful journey of the Osshirt here as it completes it's event filled journey about this world of ours. No matter how much it gets washed it always seems to be dirty.



Ever wonder where certain holiday traditions come from? Maybe you are less festive in your desires and are just curious about the origins of a phrase. Useless Advice From Useless Men is the place for you. No question too ludicrous and will be given teh fullest of our useless skills.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He hE! Happy HNT - this time your red nose is just like Rudolph! Ho Ho Ho!

12:28:00 AM  
Blogger The Lily said...

Oh RP, I found a rudolph Nose in my home town that would have been perfect. It blinks and everything. Though it doesn't have the magical staying power that yours does.

HHNT!

6:52:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

bwahahaha. mrs rainypete must ban you from the process!

HHNT

7:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... is that rust or dried up blood on the sawblade?

Just wondering...

8:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too funny :) HHNT!

8:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha,ha,ha..I think you have the right idea..

8:46:00 AM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

a chain saw is far more effective and faster!

9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Ag said...

Please don't hurt yourself

HHNT

10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

Ms. Creek - Quite true, but I wouldn't be a Useless Man if I did things efficiently now would I?

Dutchy - I don't actually know. I got it a garage sale. The only identifying marks it has are the letters "Jeff D" carved into the handle.

10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I can find no fault in your method: seems reasonable to me.

12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Nice trim!!!

12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

nope, can't say i see you doing anything different than i have seen it done for all times. good job!

1:19:00 PM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

I think you should have done that before you decorated it. Then again I have a fake tree so what do I know?

5:34:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

The tree looks pretty good. Was that a "before" or "after" photo?

7:36:00 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

How do we know if your nose is red from .... well, the usual, or over indulgence this time of year?

12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

Ahhh yes! The erratic behaviour, the red nose......One of the best things about this time of the year is that I can be drunk and nobody knows the difference!!

1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Holy comment bombing!

Oh gosh!!! That picture is awesome!

11:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links