Friday, December 15, 2006

More festive maiming!

Sorry, that's meme-ing. Anyhow, here goes

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog all the way. Cholesterol be damned!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa's all about the wrapping. And the bling too.....have you seen that sleigh??

3. Colored lights on tree/house or clear? Coloured of course! Where's the fun in just one colour....unless you could buy black light Christmas bulbs.....that would be trippy indeed.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? My wife says no missiles in the house. Gives the kids the wrong impression apparently.

5. When do you put your decorations up? When I'm told to!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding desserts)? This really neat Christmas platter we get our cookies on from my Mom's.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I can't nail down a specific one so I'll go with Christmas Day. We never really had a bad one, but it was always fun. Opening stockings while getting breakfast together and then the chaos and laughter of the "main event" while Christmas music filled the rare quiet moments, it all comes together into a good time.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth? What are you all talking about here?

9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Only at Dad's, the rest are all done on Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Haphazardly and with reckless abandon. Everything from glass balls to bounty hunters end up on that poor unsuspecting shrub.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Bring it on. I'm sick and tired of having hairball fights in the house.

12. Can you ice skate? About as well as a hippo can ride a bike.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift as a kid? A large sized Boba Fett with a telescopic eye. My poor parents had to figure out what in th hell a "Boba Fett" was before they could undergo the quest to find it.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Getting the family together and having random people being good to each other. Unfortunately it never seems to last, but it's nice when it's here.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Fruitcake.......it's all about the fruitcake and eggnog.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The annual quest to slaughter a plant. We all pile in the van and search the field for the perfect tree.

17. What tops your tree? Harold the angel

18. Which do you prefer---giving or receiving? Definitely giving, but it never hurts to get a really neat gift.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Belleau Wood by Garth Brooks

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum.....definitely yum. Possibly the best invention ever to stir your hot chocolate with. It makes it all minty and gives it the perfect kick when you can't reach your Bailey's

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? I like stockings but My wife won't let me wear them. She says I have to shave my legs to wear them or people will stare.

22. Do you like sledding? Absolutely! Some snow on the ground makes it even more enjoyable!

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? Yeah, I've got to say Caledonia too 'cause I can't remember if we went to Brantford from Hamilton on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve.

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Of course we do! Why should we be the only ones to pack on a few holiday pounds?

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Life. I never really have any trouble getting into the spirit. I hunt out the few radio stations that go all Christmas music usually before they have switched so I can be ready.

26. Does your wrapping colour coordinate? I'm not even co-ordinated....let alone my wrapping.

27. Favourite gift you've ever given? Probably the engagement that I gave to my wife. I pulled of the biggest surprise on that one by putting it inside a Kinder Surprise egg. I ate so many of the damned things getting it made it isn't funny.

28. Most fun holiday memory? Probably my Mother and I being absolutely goofy during our annual Christmas baking. Some of the cookie decorating can get out of hand.

29. Do you wrap your own gifts? Nobody's going to wrap them for me. Except for the nice pople in the mall, but I like wrapping stuff. Apparently I'm pretty good 'cause Dad used to get me to help wrap up Mom's stuff for him.

30. Most missed memory from childhood? I don't know, it's missing!


And as a special treat for those of you unfortunate enough to have made it all the way through this mayhem I offer you this in honour of the fact that today is Cat Herder's Day!


Sure it's a commercial but it's still damn funny. As a side note I recommend not trying this unless you are a trained professional cat herder. Untrained personnel have been known to come back torn to shreds......if they return at all. You'd be better off to try and bring a teacup full of moon light home.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to You! Enjoy it.

3:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good meme answers. And cat herding looks like hard but satisfying work, ha,ha..

6:57:00 PM  
Blogger CraftyGuy said...

Love the video.

The lengths that some guys go just to chase some p***y ;-)

11:28:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

funny answers, i just really like the process of going through and thinking up my own answers, as well....i stole it and copied onto my blog!

1:18:00 AM  
Blogger A.Bananna said...

I loved the answers!! Loved the video too! Ms. Creek gave me the link to look at what she stole! beware of her becasue she it a blog thief! lol

12:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

harold the angel - love that!

10:33:00 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Ice skating ~ bleugh! Me too!

3:12:00 AM  
Blogger PBS said...

Just what is Boba Fett?

7:53:00 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Ah! My brother did the kinder egg engagement too. It lasted only a little longer than the chocolate. Glad yours turned out better.

9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Cat herders... THAT. IS. AWESOME.

A friend of mine made that comparison to me trying to get my group of friends organized, siad it was like trying to herd cats. I cracked up. And now here's a video... I didn't know that was an expression!

11:39:00 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Did you see the squirrels one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnxS94em8uA&NR

3:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links