Monday, February 19, 2007

iThank


One of the perks of being a little bit off like me is the willingness to do just about anything. This has lead to all manner of trouble, as well as fun over my limited lifespan. When this gets coupled with photography I really get to enjoy my hobby and imbalance to their fullest. The Jodster's recent foray into multimedia entertainment has lead me into new realms using this very aspect of my personality.

He often gets the call to cover all manner of events with his accidental video career and finds himself in need of a cameraman as well as photographer to short stills at the event. Upon calling me he usually finds me able to rearrange my time and show up to help him off. This flexible nature has enabled him to invite me to all manner of events as well as freeing him up to participate in many of the events he is covering while I run around with the cameras at hand. One of my favourite moments is his acting as a human driving range mat, placing his "parts" in harm's way for the sake of a good golf shot and some entertainment.

This isn't just an attempt to shamelessly plug his work, but is also a thanks to him. A while ago those who read his stuff will likely remember that he was miffed at a bank promotion and managed to succeed in beating the system thanks to the aid of a helpful bank teller, which is an anomaly itself. Having secured and enjoyed his iPod he was happy man. At some point he also found himself in possession of another one thanks to a contest or raffle or some such thing. As a thank you to me he offered it to me in gratitude for my work. I figure he owns me now, but I'm okay with that. I figure he got the short end of the stick anyhow as I can listen to all manner of music at the flick of a thumb and he's got to put up with my and my strangeness while trying to look professional in front of folks he is covering.

I, of course, have crammed it full of all sorts of my strange and entertaining, music and had it running for less than a day before my brain decided it ca do more than just sound nice. Spurred on by the fact that I found a connector that allows me to connect my camera to it as a backup device for long trips I thought about the iPod and photography. I don't think this will be the last time this sees the unblinking eye of my camera lens, but time will tell. Cameras and iPods seem like good fun after all!



Thanks again Jodster for your generosity! You've provided a music junkie with a means to get his fix anywhere, any time. You've also given me more fodder for my ongoing 365 days Flickr project.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be expecting at least a short list of what's playing in Pete's ear...

8:28:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

You're just so spoiled! :P

12:49:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

yeah! jodster! how cool are you?

okay, is mine next?

2:30:00 PM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Cool... can I get a front like that for my mobile phone too? With you on there?

7:11:00 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

It would certainly limit the number of people trying to swipe your phone with my spooky mug all over it!!

Sure you can. All you've got to do is go here!

7:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links