Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Another One Bites The Dust

Mondays suck in general but when they are launched with news like this they are even worse.

Jeff Healey's music has always amazed me so I was even more stunned when I first saw him play and realized this music was coming from a blind man! Not that blind folks can't jam, just look at Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder right? He was always a source of inspiration to me, and a good reason to watch the very dreadful movie Roadhouse.

Rest In Peace Jeff. I can only imagine what kind of jam band they have up in heaven these days with you added to the ranks.

Today it isn't just just your guitar that weeps.


2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Brown said...

Was sad to hear about him too. I hadn't even known he still had cancer. He was on a CBC special late last year, really nice to hear him then.

12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

My musician friend Rob Scott played with Jeff Healey. He gave me a CD of them playing a concert together a few years ago. It's the only Jeff Healey music I have, and it's more amazing now that he's gone.

11:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links