Thursday, March 24, 2005

Busy day

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We take a break from out regularly scheduled mayhem to allow for some more mayhem. A late post today garnered some immediate response from some bloggers today. I guess that with the recent casualties to the drudgery of tolerating Blogger's growing pains have alarmed some folks.

Not to worry folks. If I can tolerate life I can handle whatever crap blogger can throw my way. To tell the truth I had one of those days today. I had to go into work a few hours early to complete a project so that I could get a picture. I am an avid photo nut as many people know, but I didn't have the equipment to capture the one you see above. Not to mention the fact that if I tried to put a camera in there, this blog, along with my existence, would surely have been snuffed out like a cheap cigarette.

Our family will be larger by an additional body in August and now that I've seen an image from within I know that there is only one lurking within. There has been a disproportionate number of twins amongst my circle of friends lately and I was glad to see no additional reinforcements hiding in there. For those that are concerned, they fractional being is well and the wife is doing fine as well. Aside from craving fried, and/or oily foods coupled with some fatigue she is holding on well. She made the first one look so easy we had friends taking contracts out on her head.

I hold the greatest of hopes for the next child to be as co-operative and easy to care for as the first. Our daughter was such a great baby that people were jealous. I actually learned a neat trick for discerning parents from non-parents in a crowd of unknown. Upon discovering that a person is in possession of a new tiny one, people invariably ask "Are they sleeping through the night yet?". This question will be asked repeatedly for almost the first year of their life. Our answer, which was true, was that she slept right through the night from about 2 weeks of age. Non-parental responses were "That must be nice" or "Good for you" or "Oh"

Parental responses were typically dubious at best, but typically were; "YOU BASTARD!"

I guess people get cranky when they aren't sleeping well. Go figure.

I'll keep you posted and remember folks: pregnant woman are not to trifled with. Don't bother them, rub their bellies without permission, or get in the way of their snack foods or you'll be the one to vanish next, or if you're really lucky or extremely fast, get to participate in an amputee program.

3 Comments:

Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Congratulations on the new, well in a few months, addition. Are you sure it's not twins.I think I see a shadow behind the baby..

4:36:00 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

8:43:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Congrats! I love hearing all the updates about people who are expecting. A child that is.

Thanks for stopping by my boring blog!

I agree with H&B, there is a shadow.

7:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links