Monday, April 25, 2005

What do April Flurries bring???



We have been spoiled in these parts by several days of really nice weather. Most of last week it was around 20ºC (that's about 70ºF for the rest of y'all) and sunny. Sorry to those from NZ or Oz, how's fall doing by the way? This weekend we had a forecast for the inevitable rains of spring. It' spring and with all the heat things were really starting to get too dried out, so no big deal there. It would help the beautiful flowers I have coming up in the garden. As you can see above though, the flowers got more than they bargained for when they awoke early, as did I.

Sunday morning saw a nice chilly morning after 30 hours of straight rain accompanied by a layer of snow on everything including the poor flowers. I think they took it worse than me since by the afternoon the flowers had all shriveled up and buggered off. I just dressed warmly and kept on going. It wouldn't have bothered me so much if I didn't have to go unpack the winter gear we had put away after the nice weather. That'll teach me to be an optimist!

The worst part of it all was that it was only a half-assed attempt at snow. I figure if it wants to snow, it should at least leave enough on the ground for a snowman or at least a snowball or two. C'mon mother nature, is that all you got!! I need to have more of this instead of just teasing me. I guess I had better go find my beach clothes and shorts since it looks like we are going straight from winter into summer.

When I was a kid we used to get a few months of blooms and new growth accompanied by temperate weather and mild rains. I'm really going to miss spring, I used to enjoy it. Are you unpacking umbrellas, swimsuits or shovels where you are?

6 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

its actually nice enough here to leave my coat at home, watch it start raining two minutes before I need to leave work...

it'll probably all change by the weekend seeing as we have camping planned...

7:56:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

What a darling picture of your little girl.

Yesterday it rained here on the Western Slopes of the Sierra Nevadas. Today it is sunny and beautiful...maybe up to 60 degrees (15.555555555555557 Celcius according to my converter.) I'm hoping to be able to plant some flowers I got from the local Deer Food Store (nursery) before the Deer eat them right of their little plastic containers.

10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Here last night we got down into the 40's (which is WAAAAAY too cold for me) but lately the weather has been terrific!

We were wearing our swim suits here last month...;)

11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hm. It snowed on Sunday? I live in the downtown biosphere where wildlife and weather are not allowed. (And I stayed indoors most of yesterday, except to let doggie pee/poo.)

1:00:00 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

It's great out here. I'll probably go out without a parka on today..

3:01:00 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Didn't it more or less skip from summer into winter this past year? I'll be pretty PO'd if we never get my two favorite seasons again!

6:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links