Monday, October 16, 2006

Hail to the chief

Point Haired Boss
Today is National Boss' Day. A time to celebrate (or vilify, depending on your boss) the person or people who are in charge. A good boss is a blessing to work with, while a bad one can suck the very life from your bones like an aardvark at an anthill.

How to choose to celebrate your boss is a personal matter. I like to think of serenading mine with a song. Or possibly giving his car a good beet-ing, it'll depend on how the day goes. Maybe your boss is a really good soul like these folks, or maybe they are more like this guy here

So take time out of your delegated workpile to go in and give them the respect they deserve. While I'm not suggesting you help prop up the bloated greeting card cartel that runs the holiday industry, I am suggesting that you do something of the heart here. Whether the prospect of another work day with them makes you leap out of bed in the morning, or tunnel under the sheets and think about a fifth of whiskey you need to take the appropriate action. After all, everyone deserves a little recognition right? Just make sure if your recognition looks like payback that it looks either anonymous or like the work of a co-worker you don't really like. Any revenge tips or good/bad boss stories are always welcome.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boss has been boycotting every Secretary Day since the beginning of time, so STFU... I don't do Boss Day, be it national, international, Dutch or whatever... Unless it involves riot guns and bosses peeing their pants...

1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

that audio clip of the song is fantastic..pls tell me that was you singing along...great song for sure and great voices. i don't have a boss..i'm the boss..i'll have to pat myself on the back.

1:59:00 PM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

I so wish I had a boss to hate right now!

Oh well, I shall have to think back to past monstrosities instead!

3:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In celebration of this momentus occasion I shall actually do some work today..

8:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my boss is 4 months old... any suggestions? :P

9:29:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

We celebrate Boss' Day at work every day! Too bad I have about ten of them. Where should I start.....?

7:40:00 AM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

i wished i would have known, my bosses are wonderful. sounds like an oxymoron, i know, but nevertheless.....

10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

I am reminded of an ancient Chinese riddle: if you didn't have a boss, wouldn you be employed? Or maybe it was if a tree falls.....

5:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the patient we had in a few weeks ago who took out a nice chunk of my bosses hair.Go Maisie i say !!!!!!!!!!

1:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links