Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Here we go again

gridlock!!
This weekend held a great deal of activity for me and I will be trying desperately to wake up refreshed for a few days yet. We begun by pawning off the chilluns to the ever generous couple sister/brother in-law. This gave my wife and I a chance to run to Ottawa for my cousin's wedding on Sunday. Okay, so we drove, but given the traffic in spots a runner could have likely had a similar arrival time! The other side benefit of this arrangement is that the in-law set could decide if they really wanted to risk having their own kids (although if they can handle mine then they are assuredly going to be able to handle their own). My cousin had asked me to take pictures for her at the wedding so it made another thing very interesting as well.

WheeeeeeeeThis ensured that I would be tied up most of the day for photography, making the day a bit of a write off for seeing my wife. In itself it is a good relationship you have when you can drive for over 6 hours to a wedding and then abandon your wife with your family. You really know you have an understanding and amazing wife when you can do all this on your own anniversary day!! That's right, an event I tried to warn you all about last year so if you were unprepared then that is your fault not mine. After six years we have only scratched the surface of a long and happy future. She is still suffering through that moment of weakness that overcame her and made her agree to marry me, but she seems to accepted her fate and is trudging along nicely.

Look behind you!The wedding was cool, my wife is amazing and I am exhausted. More to come once I've slept a bit. Oh, and for those Canucks in the pile I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I get the wedding being cool... There is no doubt that your wife is amazing (she is a woman and married to you, so that goes without saying)... but WHY are you exhausted?

7:37:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yeah...why? What have you been up to?

Something nefarious, no doubt...;)

7:38:00 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I can't believe you were in Ottawa and you didn't even come for a visit.

9:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. And Thanksgiving.
I also can't believe you were in Ottawa and you didn't visit me either. Not that I live there. But if I did you still wouldn't have visited..

10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

ahhh, that is just so sweet. how wonderful she is and how patient and understanding. and how good of you to recognize it and publicly acknowledge it. i think it saids much when a man lets his soft side come out in order to praise his love..ahhh...you guys are so cute..

Happy Anniversary to you both. Happy Anniversary to you. Happy Anniversary to you bothhhhhh...Happy Anniversary to youooooo..


and congratulations on the new sister in law.

10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

My in-laws live in the Ottawa region and I know the horrors of that particular drive.

Thanksgiving traffic is easily three and a half times worse than Christmas traffic. My condolences on the drive, and also, way to go! It's a tough one and you are a survivor.

2:16:00 PM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

Happy anniversary! I hope you have many MANY more! :)

4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Perhaps your wife is already resigned to being deserted on your wedding anniversary? I hope not!

9:38:00 PM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

Your wife does indeed sound amazing! x x

6:19:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I don't envy you that drive on that weekend.

10:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm too tired to write something lovely and sentimental. Just think of something really good and pretend I wrote it here.

1:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links