Friday, October 13, 2006

What's that stuck on the window?

So many ways to gnaw them down

Apparently today is International Egg day. I wasn't too sure about that so I had to do some research. When you consider that today is International Skeptics Day as well it isn't too surprising that I was doubtful. Maybe I should be celebrating that instead.

The door's pretty much wide open to celebration options. Check out some of last year's ideas here. This poor round taste treat has been both hero and villain over the years. This is due largely to the number of researchers who have been looking into it. Those that were picked on in school and had their houses and/or cars egged by jocks and thugs have sought to discredit it in the hope that it would be pulled off the shelves and eliminated from the marketplace. The opposing forces to this include the farmers and the PR teams hired by chickens themselves. This silent war has raged on for years now and is not likely to end any time soon. Scientists given enough time and appropriate motivation could prove that broccoli causes cancer if they wanted to. Since they wander around wearing lab coats and waving doctorates around they have the ability to impress us with their so called "research" and "knowledge".

I suggest we fight the power and enjoy as many eggs as we want to day. If you know any scientists and want to get even with them for this injustice to the egg then make Armed and dangeroussure you sneak over to their house later today and assault their houses and vehicles with a vilified food like spinach or beets. We can start an agricultural turf war that will provide hours of entertainment. Imagine bands of egg men and cattlemen warring with the broccoli farmers and beet marketing board. Full scale assaults using various materials from the farm would make for a fragrant and colourful battle. Herds of battle cows marching on the coops of the egg farmers. Egg farmers returning fire with their egg grenades.Kaboom
My money is on the egg people as they have fought an egg war once before.

Fuel your belly with a good omelet and let the games begin!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll pass on International Egg day... especially since it is also Friday the 13th and such... Can't be a great combination...

8:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I read this before I headed out for groceries. I'm going to pelt everyone with beets today. Just as a silent protest..

1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

Eggs are deadly. If I fuel my belly, that will fuel my intestines and finally, my ass.

3:53:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

um, Happy Egg Day!

8:48:00 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Who makes these things up?

4:47:00 AM  
Blogger Caribbean Colors Belize said...

Eggs are high in sulpher. I learned that on Oprah watching the poop show where they also said the perfect poo shape is a softly curving "S".
Did you make all those egg dishes yourself? You WONDERBOY! Where in heaven's name did you find all those teensy country decails? They have EVERYTHING in Canada (except warm weather).

7:21:00 PM  
Blogger Caribbean Colors Belize said...

BTW, I'm less than perfect cuz I can never get mine to make an S.

7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ah crap....suddenly my "All Bran" isn't looking as good as it was a minute ago.

I want eggs! ;)

8:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links