Friday, October 20, 2006

Spreading the suffering

365 #2

A brief update on the crappy stuff reveals that my sinuses are still rebelling against my general well being and are causing more trouble than your typical local union strike. My transmission is officially shot, but rebuildable, which is good, but will cost $1,400 to rebuild, which is bad. It's better than any other rebuild which I can find which come out to $1,400 PLUS installation! So here I am with my nose running with no sign of stopping and my bank account running with serious signs of stopping and a need for distraction.

As such I have thrown my hat in the ring for the Flickr 365 days challenge group. The objective is to post a single picture of yourself each day for one year. You can get the riogins and the rules from the Flickr gourp's site. I look forward to developing the discipline it takes to pull this off. What this means is that if you feel you haven't suffered enough, or maybe you need to punish your children, you can log on to my Flickr feed and get a new picture of me every single day. This is good news for those of you trying to lose weight as you can stick this photo on the foods you shouldn't eat in an effort to scare you away from them. You can check out the set at here whenever you feel you need a fix. And you can solidly place the blame on Amanda B over at Very Zen. Oh yeah, and she sings too!

Cheers all, and may your weekends go better than my week has!

15 Comments:

Blogger Oh great One said...

I feel for you on the car repairs. We recently had to drop 2 thousand dollars on a truck repair. I don't know that the truck was worth it but I couldn't afford a new one so whattaya gonna do?

Your nose is so red! I hope you feel better soon.

11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Celti said...

The question is, will all 365 feature the NOSE?

Sending mucho virus butt-kicking vibes!

4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I'm thinking you can buy a new transmission for that price. And new sinuses, too, although after I bought mine they have given me more trouble than I had before. But I can't seem to get my money or my old sinuses back, dammit!

5:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo it seems my other comment went PUFF! into blogosphere.

I said that it will take a great amount of discipline to publish a photo every day of the year

5:20:00 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

This is a cool idea. I'm not sure I would keep up though :)

7:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I'd like to be optimistic and encouraging... I don't think you can do the daily post thing. You're just too busy with life.

On the plus side, you do have Thursdays covered with the HNT post. Maybe you'll post a daily HNT now. Show us more than your nuts, balls and whatever that post was with the chicken.

Good luck Pete! I'd be glad to see you succeed.

8:11:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

maybe if you took that dang red nose off, your sinuses would be better!

11:10:00 AM  
Blogger CP said...

Oh baby! 365 days of you! Wow! I didn't realize you were one of the "useless" men! Ive been reading you guys for the longest!

Thank you for the sweet words you left on my blog for my son and I.

CP.

11:42:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

Ouch to the expensive car repair! Also to your nose, which looks sore.

12:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the 365 picture thing have to be of the person doing it. My character hasn't changed in a while so it would be kind of boring..

10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

here is to you feeling better soon. it is monday and i'm late for your post. the good news on that is that maybe the sinus trouble is over..

i look forward to enjoying 365 days of pics..

i just got my car back from Mister Transmission...they suck..it's a franchise so i'm talking about the one in Macleod here really..

it cost me 2600 a yr ago to ge a new one build..he said it would be great. whatever! yeah- and i'm the new sex symbol.

not only is it under warranty but they did a sh**t* job of their work and then tried for over a wk to not fix it..and then ...never mind, trust me i will never finish..

first you are a man, which right there means they will respect you a hell of alot more in those shops..two, i'm sure you know about cars enough not to be worked over...

be careful with them, they are all sons of a guns..and good luck.

12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

CRAP! I wished you had given us some warning about the nude shots! I wasn't prepared to see you without the "nose." I feel so violated

10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

You had me at sinus. Yeegads what hell I have been through on that score. Surgery, pills, nasal washes. The other day I got an box the size of automobile motor full of nose washing medicine. It's enough to give a person a schnoze (how in thee hell do you spell that?) Anyway, a complex.

Did it help? noooo. My ears are still ringing and humming like my head is stuck in a bees nest.

Wow, I feel much better now.

um, what were you saying?

2:06:00 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I don't have children to scare.. but I do plan on planting a garden in the spring.. and I may use your pictures as a makeshift scarecrow.

P.S.. your nose running? pretty gross. And that's from a girl that's been wrist deep in cadavers for 3 months.

8:53:00 PM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

I hope you're feeling better! I've had that sinus thing too. Got over it and now it's trying to come back. Take care of yourself!

9:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links