Thursday, February 22, 2007

HNT #61

Thurdays bring joy for many because it's on;y one more day until the weekend. It brings joy for many other because it's HNT baby!!

This week has seen me fighting with technology all week.

At work we had a power spike that wiped out at least three pieces of gear (maybe more, but we haven't fired everything up yet to check).

At home I fought a valiant battle against my USB ports that was not allowing me to download pictures (grrrr).

Just to add insult to injury I got home yesterday and found that the internet was out of reach for my computer, despite any and all attempts to get online.

I foolishly called tech support for my provider only to be reminded that they are utterly useless.

The funny part is that by the time I got off the phone they had their own network problems and their systems were down, rendering the trained chimp on the other end of the line incapable of "helping" in any way. For those that are unaware, the techs at these 800 numbers are typically untrained and ask you all those annoying questions in order to guide them through a flowchart to preprinted answer.

After giving up on them and troubleshooting it myself I figured it was my router. A quick trip to the store and some money spending I had a replacement that I wrestled into working.

Given all that mayhem and my penchant for revenge I bring you this weeks "boring" HNT.








Join the fun and click the button. Go on click it now!

Press it! Preesss iiiiit!!!




Are you seeking cures for your technological distress? Then check out Useless Advice From Useless Men. If your computer will let you that is....

11 Comments:

Blogger Blissfully Wed said...

Even when "boring," your HNTs are perfect.

HHNT!

~Him

8:02:00 AM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

OMG! You look like that guy from Dell a.k.a. Hell that came over to fix my laptop!

8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Ag said...

I know what you mean about the so called help desk. That is why at my job when I have a computer issue and I have to call the HELPLESS DESK. The 1st thing they ask all the time is DID YOU REBOOT THE COMPUTER my respone yes then they say reboot again. Guess what that didn't fix it. So I feel your pain.

HHNT

9:07:00 AM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Whenever in doubt... powertools! Cheers & Happy HNT!

9:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got your computer fixed in time to post your boring picture..

10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, sometimes you just have to force it.

Happy HNT!

11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Mark Leslie said...

LOL! Oh, a DeWalt powerdrill (wipes drool off his chin)

10:40:00 PM  
Blogger LushlyMe said...

That's an awfully big drill! HHNT!

10:46:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

hey, what gives? You only look a quarter nekkid!

11:12:00 PM  
Blogger L said...

gotta love the nose :)

10:33:00 PM  
Blogger dan said...

ha! i alwats thought tech support was an oxymoron!!!

8:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links