Monday, March 26, 2007

Another one's gone and another one's gone.

Another year bites the dust. It's hard to believe that four years ago today I was still sitting in a room with a bed and a chair in it accompanied by more dollars worth of electronics that the average home, but it's true. Four years ago today my daughter was born. She was a week late and I think that set the standard as she isn't likely to be on time for anything at all unless she changes some more as she grows up.

It's been a fun trip so far and we're only at the beginning. In her brief four years she has seen our dog grow from a puppy to a full sized tornado of fur. She has been camping and moved to a new house. The moving is fun because if we go somewhere for a weekend and rent a place she always seems to like our "new house" as she calls the rentals (I hope this isn't a comment on our house buying skills). This coming year will prove to be a fun one as she will start school in September. It will be neat to see if she can take that frighteningly clever mind of hers and apply it to something other than pestering her Mom (although I'm thinking this is a hobby and not likely to abate).

This weekend has been a whirlwind of cakes and parties and we will have our own small one tonight at home to wrap the whole thing up. Must be nice to be a little kid huh? Three days of celebrations around your birthday. Sometimes I think I may want to sell her to a wandering gypsy caravan but then I realize that I can't. I'd miss my buddy too much. How else would I get to play dress up without the neighbors worrying? Who will I sculpt with the Playdoh with? The little guy just sticks it in his hair and tries to eat it? Who else will show me how to see the world with the wonder and amazement that society tries to strip away? Besides.....I think I love her a little too much to sell her. Why else would I have done up this cake for her?!?!?

Cake-arella

Of course I did have a little too much fun doing it.



Nope....we're gonna keep her. Happy Birthday Megan and I hope your wishes comes true.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger wondy woman said...

Please Pete, if the urge to sell your girl gets too strong, come to me first. I'll happily buy her!

1:50:00 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Aw. She is absolutely beautiful! Enjoy every moment of every day. They fly past.

4:59:00 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

She looks like you....only without the clown nose. (Love the pic in the side bar of you btw!)

What do 4 year olds wish for anyways? Mine wants to be a princess farmer, toothfairy when she grows up.

8:18:00 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

Currently a princess ballerina....or a hockey player. A combination would be hilarious.

9:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is beautiful (your daughter not the cake - although the cake does look good!) Hope she had a wonderful birthday, it sure sounds like she did!

4:08:00 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

What a cutie!

Another bloggy friend of mine has a little boy with his birthday on the same day! He's 4, too! How fun!

She looks very contemplative in that shot. Probably figuring out how to pester her momma! ;)

5:44:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

how can a 4 year old always be late? lol

happy birthday! such a precious age!

8:07:00 PM  
Blogger elle said...

she is so beautiful... both your babies are!!! I've been looking through your pics... amazing R.P. You are quite the photographer... I love the words.... poetry is everywhere....

5:23:00 PM  
Blogger LK said...

Gorgeous girl, I agree - keep her.

6:58:00 PM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

What a cutie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEGAN!

11:04:00 PM  
Blogger JustMeTalking said...

Awww, happy birthday to Megan!

7:02:00 AM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

OK, the above commment was mine.. I was just logged in on my sister's account for template rescue reasons...

7:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little girls are so special.

I had two sons first, and proud as can be of them.

However, my little girl is a wonder too, and I can see you are a proud dad.

8:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww she's beautiful pete! both Megan and the cake!

Happy Birthday!

6:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links