Tuesday, March 13, 2007

How will I age?



Okay.....before you go wondering what happened to me all of a sudden this isn't actually me, despite the frightfully identical look.

This stunning chap is Rainy Dad!!! If you are concerned that people like me a rerunning about the globe it is important to remember that I'm half his fault.

Today is that most wonderful time of the year when we get to tease him about being old by celebrating another trip around the sun. It's no secret that my Dad means the world to me as I have thrown reference to him in the past.

How can you not admire the guy? After all he managed to raise me without tossing me in a river with a big rock tied about my middle. His delightfully twisted sense of humour was blended with my Mom's quick wit and sarcasm to forge me into the fun loving nut I am today. Many of the things I enjoy today are a result of him taking time with me as a kid despite working hard all day, even at two jobs for a while. Fishing, camping and even photography are all fallout from the sparks he set free within. He taught me to think, he taught me to live and he taught me to never be afraid to be me.

The kids love him for more than just climbing on, even though they tend to choose that as the most popular activity.

Happy Birthday to you Dad! May you see many more to come.

7 Comments:

Blogger ramblin' girl said...

Happy Birthday Rainy Dad!!

10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rainy Dad! He's quite handsome!

11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

but who taught you to wear the clown nose?

H.B. Rainy Dad!

4:59:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

happy birthday dad! and thank you for being a great guy...

we all didn't experience that from our father.

11:53:00 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

Ahhh the nose is born of a turbulent and distant time. A story for another day.....

And as for Ellie....you're absolutely right of course. I never realized how lucky I was until I was older. One of the fortunate few it seems, and for that I am grateful.

12:02:00 AM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

Happy Birthday Rainy Dad - he is very handsome! Think you'll be ok in a few years time, Pete - there's a certain cheeky twinkle there that opens doors!

7:41:00 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Happy Birthday Rainy Dad!

My, you really do look like your father! I'd be interested in seeing the red nose on Rainy Dad though, but maybe then we wouldn't be able to tell you apart!

3:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links