Friday, April 29, 2005

Never Lose Yourself Again!


So the future gets closer every day and we are wait to see what innovations happen next. Well if you're really bored you could invest in a VeriChip! These bad boys are radio frequency identification (RFID) chips that are about the size of a grain of rice. Inject them under your skin, stick them up your nose, just imagine the possibilities!

At $200.00 a pop I could really use this for all sorts of practical purposes. I could tag expensive portable gear like a blackberry or camera. When I forget it at the mall I could easily track it down. Kids don't call home when they should? Pinpoint their location and give 'em hell! You could use it to figure out where you parked when Christmas shopping. I know if I got my hands on this I would be going to my sister-in-law's house and tagging the mice she keeps complaining about. That would make finding their entry point much easier.

Sure it has some downsides, like nosy government types being able to see where I am at all times, but let's face it. I don't really go anywhere all that compelling. If they are that interested in where I am, they are more than welcome to tag me. Knowing I was tagged I'd make a point of spending way too much time in the bathroom and various other odd locations. Figure that one out big brother! Imagine a team of government analysts trying to figure out why I keep traveling to the same abandoned point in the city twelve or thirteen times a day. Once they dispatch the authorities and find a buried cache of my junk mail that'll mess them up for sure.

While fundamentalists in the states claim it to be the mark of the beast I figure we'll throw them off and stick it in a butt-cheek. Didn't read anything about that location in the writings!

I just have to figure out how to adapt it to track my mind so when I lose it I can find it.

Yeah, too late.

9 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

$200 is cheap, i'll take two, one for my phone and one for my keys...

:0)

9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Too funny, Rainy Pete!! :)

9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

I'd put one on the dog.

Would my mom have to get the reciever to know where I am? Sometimes I don't answer the phone on purpose. Shhh! Don't tell her!

10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

my brother predicted this wd happen-hes a computer type...he also predicted that we will carry ID/credit chips inserted into our fingers ... and there will be no currency one day.

10:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would certainly improve the qualtiy of life when I lose my wallet again!

11:29:00 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Ruth, your brother's right!!
Rainypete, watch out. If you imbed one of these chips in a buttcheek and have metal fillings, who knows? Maybe you'll be blasting Christina Aguilera songs out of body parts already known for unpleasant sounds!

4:27:00 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Of course you know I meant metal fillings in your teeth.

4:27:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

If we do that then none of us will make it through security at the airport. Wait! yes we will. Those people are dolts!

7:30:00 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Wow... only $200.00! I could use a couple. I'd love to take Big Brother shopping at the amll with me... that would keep them at bay!

8:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links